- Twenty-two years of experience in Information Technology
- Particularly adept at managing others through setting the appropriate example
- Exceptional problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Very strong interpersonal skills
- Open-minded, flexible, and willing to learn
- Excellent skills as both an application architect and a systems architect
- Highly skilled programmer
- Deep understanding of the Open Source community and Open Source
Manager of Theatrical Technical Services
October, 2004 - Present
Rentrak is both a distributor of videos and DVDs,
and an information aggregator for the film and cable television industries
- Responsible for ALL data that enters or leaves the Box Office Essentials
- Responsible for dealing with the theater chains and film distributors to iron out
any problems that crop up and the details on any new electronic data interchange
formats and transports.
- Responsible for generating all new development assignments for internal changes to
Box Office Essentials.
- Assist in developing roadmaps for future application development.
- Assist in developing content delivery architectures (hardware, network,
co-location facilities, etc.)
Manager of Theatrical Software Development
April, 2004 - October, 2004
- Managed all aspects of development having to do with the Box Office Essentials
application from task creation to task completion.
- Relieved developers of mundane management tasks so they could concentrate on
- Became an advocate for the development staff with both Theatrical management and
December, 2001 - April, 2004
- Worked with and led a team of developers to create, upgrade and maintain the
Box Office Essentials
reporting system. (The system was developed using Perl, Mason, Oracle and Apache)
- played a major role in designing and implementing our five nine's initiative
to guarantee system availabilty to our users.
Chief Technology Officer & Founder
HyperLINq Technologies, Inc. (Portland, Oregon)
April, 2001 - October, 2001
HyperLINq developed network infrastructure software that deployed Windows
desktops from a Linux server through a thin client architecture. It was a
startup, founded in December, 2000, that grew to fifteen employees with
initial product release in mid-2001. After September 11, 2001, the pending
Series A funding failed to close and the Company was shut down.
- Led development team of four in taking the WinLINq and MobiLINq products
from concept through versions 1.0, 1.1 and 1.5. (WinLINq was developed
using Python, TKinter, PyGTK, C and Java).
- Installed and successfully deployed WinLINq at two beta sites and a paying
- Proved product performance and cost effectiveness under operational
- Defined product roadmap and timelines, then effectively executed against
- Provided technology assessment and guidance for the Board of Directors.
- Recruited and hired the development team.
- Played a key role with the Board of Directors in recruiting the CEO, and
Vice President of Sales/Marketing.
- Member of senior management from startup to shutdown.
- Instrumental in presenting products and technology to investors and customers.
Chief Technology Officer & Founder
Avalon Technology Group, Inc. (Portland, Oregon)
July, 1998 - April, 2001
Avalon Technology Group was an IT outsourcing company for small and medium
businesses, founded in 1998. It grew from five to seventeen employees before
it was purchased by HyperLINq.
- Became the first Red Hat Certified Engineer in Oregon.
- Guided Avalon to being the first Red Hat VAR and the leading Linux based
outsourcer in Oregon.
- Created WinLINq, a Windows desktop deployment platform running on Linux that
was so compelling that HyperLINq wanted to purchase the technology.
- Recruited and managed the engineering staff.
- Trained engineering staff on all aspects of Linux networking.
- Wrote several Linux based applications using Python, Zope, PostgreSQL, and
Partner & Consultant
Western Accounting Services, Inc.
DBA Legal Automation Works (Portland, Oregon)
October, 1994 - July, 1998
Western Accounting Services was a two person bookkeeping business that grew
into a three person technology company built around small business accounting
services and legal time and billing services.
- Responsible for providing the technical skills necessary to move from
bookkeeping to IT consulting services.
- Instrumental in merging Western Accounting Services with another company to
form Avalon Technology Group.
- Installed and supported both Microsoft Windows peer-to-peer networks and
Novell NetWare based networks.
- Installed and supported Novell GroupWise groupware systems.
- Supported a vast array of PC based software.
- Customized the Comprehensive Legal Acounting System (CLAS) to create law
firm specific applications using CLAS's built in programming language.
- Provided technology based litigation support services to several law firms.
Dependable Printer Support (Salem, Oregon)
November, 1993 - October, 1994
Dependable Printer Support is a printer sales, repair and maintenance company.
- Created a computer repair and maintenance function within the printer
- Wrote, maintained and enhanced a royalty calculation package for a
publishing company that had quarterly royalty accounting responsibilities.
This software was used for five years. (Developed in the Paradox Application
Data Processing Manager/Litigation Assistant
Shannon, Johnson & Bailey, P.C. (Portland, Oregon)
July, 1989 - November, 1993
Shannon, Johnson & Bailey, P.C. was an eight attorney law firm.
- Managed all computing, software and networking systems.
- Trained secretarial staff and attorneys in application software use.
- Developed software to assist in litigation efforts.
- Created complex economic damage models for plaintiff's in litigation.
- Testified at deposition and in court on behalf of plaintiffs
Doxsis Systems, Inc. (Portland, Oregon)
April, 1987 - June, 1989
Doxsis Systems was an AlphaMicro mini-computer VAR, and Amiga mail-order
- Responsible for all day-to-day operations of the office.
- Designed and developed software terminal emulation software for the Amiga to
connect it to the AlphaMicro.
- Managed all hardware and software customer support services.
- Implemented and installed the latest in serial cable connectivity for
terminals and printers.
BS Computer Science; Pensacola Christian College
Trained by Red Hat for RHCE
- I created the NTLogon utility that is bundled as an extra with with every Samba distribution
- I created the PyTestMate plugin for the TextMate text editor
- Home Education
- Talented and gifted training
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Motorcycles (My bike is a Suzuki V-Strom)
- Console Games (XBox 360), Pinball
- Action Figures
- Comic Books